Wednesday, October 7

In 2007, I decided to leave my home, my family and my friends behind to go on my own little adventure in the land of the rising sun, Japan. It was definately one of the best experiences of my life; I learnt not only to speak the language, but so much about the people, their culture, the funny little things that make Japan even more interesting and many many life lessons.
So when I came back I had to repeat the year of school that I'd missed, leaving me to (finally!) finish high school this year.
The terrible, but unfortunately unavoidable, problem with learning languages, is that if you don't use it frequently and on a regular basis, you lose it. It is so frustrating to notice how much I've forgotten in the short time since I've been back, and so embarassing at times when I try to converse with japanese like I used to. That's why I started doing a first year uni course at Monash University this year, just to get me back in the swing of it.
It instantly made me dread tuesday nights and the 3 hours that a lecture, tute and whatever else was squashed into. I did meet some amazing people though.
Anyway, 1. of the two main points of this post:
I finally finished this off yesterday, huzzah! Such. A. Relief.
2. I miss Japan inredibly much. And the beautiful people that I left behind there..

{Taken at the Summer's Fireworks Festival, also known as Matsuri, in the Gifu Prefecture. Will most definately post more of this night!}

Because of this, I have decided to add a new segment (?) to this blog, documenting some of the special experienes that I had in this wonderful place.

No comments:

Post a Comment