Monday, July 20

perfume: the story of a murderer.

I finally finished this a couple of weeks ago. It's been on my "to read list" for a couple of years now and it was finally time to cross it off. Working in a book store, this list grows constantly but I'm hoping one day I'll be able to walk in looking for something to read and be able to take it home and actually read it straight away. I know it sounds crazy but I tend to somehow collect a lot more books than I have time to read.



Perfume folllows the life of Jean Baptiste Grenuille, abandoned at birth in the slums of 18th century Paris; blessed with an outstanding sense of smell. He can distinguish and smell every scent in the land, but his own. This gift enables him to master the art of perfume making, and he grows into a monster obsessed with the desire to capture the one scent that seems to evade him: that of a young beautiful virging, who he must possess to ensure her innocence is preserved.
Laced with sense and suspense, this is a beguiling tale of lust, desire and deadly obsession.



P.s I looove the new (well, not so new anymore) Popular Penguin edititons, such good books for such a small price!

3 comments:

  1. I am always buying books and never getting around to reading them but I started a book club that way I make time to read... it really is helping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh, thanks! Great idea! I've always wanted to join a book club.. I may have to look into that... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is such a good book - and the movie is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete